MUG SALE, SATURDAY, DECEMBER 19, 2015
OK, folks, this is the skinny dip on how you may be able to get your frosty mitts on a Dark Horse Mug Club Mug. At 7am on Saturday, December 19, we will hand out tokens of sorts, in order, to people who have formed an orderly line in the beer garden starting at the sign which will read “LINE STARTS HERE”. Anyone lined up anywhere else will not be given tokens. We will hand out tokens approximately equal to the number of mugs we have for sale, but having a token does not guarantee you a mug, it guarantees you a spot in line. We will try to be as exact as possible so as not to make anyone wait for naught.
Doors to the taproom will open for beer and breakfast immediately following the handing out of tokens. At approximately 11:45 we will call people with tokens 1-10 to line up at the same sign as in the morning; at noon, we will call tokens 11-20 to line up and we will bring in the first ten. This system will repeat until all mugs are sold with each round of mug buying lasting approximately 10 minutes. IF YOU ARE NOT PRESENT WHEN YOUR NUMBER IS CALLED TO LINE UP, YOU LOSE YOUR SPOT. NO EXCEPTIONS; NO SOB STORIES WILL BE SUFFERED.
**Special Note: Those with broken, lost or stolen mugs, whether our, your or some asshole’s fault, you will be able to come in from 9am-11am on Thursday, December 17 or Friday, December 18 to replace your mugs. There will be no other special exceptions to these two times-if you want your mug replaced, you need to be here.
MUG SALE FAQ’S (ANSWERED):
· NO, you may not get more than one token for a mug-one body, one token
· YES, you may get a surrogate to stand in for whoever can’t be here themselves; kid, friend, etc.
· YES, you may have an E-Z up style tent in line-people must be able to pass through it
· NO, you may not have a solid wall tent in line, you will be asked, no, told, to remove it, or yourself
· YES, you may share beer in line as long as you stay in the fenced beer garden area
· NO, you may not have beer anywhere else-you will be kicked out without question or recourse
· NO, you may not have alcoholic liquor in line-you will be kicked out without question or recourse
· MUGS cost $60.00
· NO, you may not buy more than one mug with your token-no exceptions for any reason
· LINE UP as early as you think you need to-FYI, last sale started with people lining up as they were kicked out at close the night before-we do not have an exact time to tell you
Dark Horse Brewing Company Mug Club Policy
At Dark Horse, we do our best to ensure that your mug is properly cared for at all times. With over 4100 mugs to manage, we need your assistance to try and assure your mug will (almost) always be hanging in its correct spot. The following is a complete description of how our mug club works along with answers to the most commonly asked questions, generally dealing with missing, stolen (by some peckerhead) or broken mugs.
· YOUR MUG CLUB MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS: Once you purchase your mug, you are in our mug club for life; there are no yearly “dues”. Mugs are currently $4.50 to fill, compared to $4.25 for pints, with each mug averaging 6-7 more ounces than a pint. All that extra beer for only a quarter more! When you purchase your mug, or when a previous card is full, you will receive a Mug Club Card. Each card has 3 rows of 6 “punches”; each time you purchase a mug at regular cost, you will receive 1 punch on your card; every 6th punch gets you a $.50 fill! Wow! However, it is YOUR responsibility to inform your server of your intent to use a $.50 fill(s). You only receive punches for mug fills YOU purchase, and you do not get punches for the purchase of snifters or pints.
QUESTIONS, RULES, ETC.
· Your mug is exactly that, YOUR MUG! Your mug is to be used exclusively by you-not your wife, kids, uncle, friend, etc. If we feel you are abusing your Mug Club membership in this manner, we reserve the right to rescind it. This is for both your and our protection-it’s fair to those who paid for membership; we don’t get taken advantage of by non-members. When you purchase(d) a mug, you will be or were asked for a name for our master list; this is the only person who may use the mug. Period. If you are purchasing a mug as a gift, you must give the person’s name that will be using it.
· Mugs, without exception, may not be taken out of the taproom and still be eligible for Mug Club membership. We lose all control of the mug at that time, and will not take that responsibility. If you take your mug home for any reason, we will assume you are relinquishing your Mug Club membership and will re-sell your number; to get back in the club, you would be required to pay the $60.00 again, and you would be issued a new number. Bottom line, don’t take it home. You are welcome to purchase a mug to take home, as a gift, etc., but that mug will not be in the Mug Club, nor will it be allowed in the Mug Club in the future without another $60.00 from the recipient and the mug being left to be hung.
· If your mug is missing, please inform your server. When we receive new mugs, an inventory is done and any mis-hung mugs are returned to their proper hook. If still missing, you are eligible to pick out a new mug the Thursday or Friday morning immediately preceding our mug release date at no cost to you.
· If we break your mug beyond repair, we will replace it free of charge from our next batch of mugs. You will be eligible to pick your mug out the Thursday or Friday morning immediately preceding our mug release date at no cost to you.
· If you break your mug beyond repair accidentally, you will pay $30.00 to replace it from the next batch of mugs; if you broke it beyond repair being a knucklehead (our discretion), you pay the full $60.00 and you forfeit your Mug Club benefits until you replace it. Either way, you are eligible to pick out your new mug the Thursday or Friday morning immediately preceding our mug release date.
· UNFORTUNATELY, MUGS ARE SOMEWHAT FRAGILE AND THEY DO GET BROKEN. IF YOUR MUG IS BROKEN BY ANYONE, WE WILL ATTEMPT TO FIX IT BEFORE REPLACING IT. IT MAY BE A LITTLE “FRANKENSTEIN-ESQUE”, AND LESS BEAUTIFUL THAN BEFORE, BUT IF THE VESSEL HOLDS LIQUID, IT STAYS IN BATTLE. IF YOU JUST CAN’T LIVE WITH ITS NEW LOOK, YOU ARE WELCOME TO PURCHASE A NEW ONE AS DESCRIBED ABOVE. WE WILL FIX MUGS AT OUR EARLIEST CONVENIENCE-PLEASE EXERCISE PATIENCE; I.E.: DON’T ASK ABOUT IT EVERY TIME YOU ARE IN. WHEN IT’S FIXED, IT WILL BE ON ITS HOOK. PROMISE.
· Until your stolen or accidentally broken mug is fixed or replaced, you will receive a “Lost/Stolen/Broken” Card which will entitle you to $3 pints and Mug Club card benefits as well. Again, mugs broken because you were being an idiot will not be entitled to these benefits. You must present this card to your server so they can charge you appropriately and to ensure you get your punches.
That’s about it! Please ask your server if you have any further questions. Thank you for being a part of Dark Horse Brewing Company’s Mug Club!